You Deserve Your Very Own Rainbow

Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Happy Wednesday from snowy and cold Central Ontario. When I woke yesterday, it was -37C with the wind and I woke to a huge dumping of snow on Monday. I was not made for this, friends, although one of the benefits of working from home during the pandemic is not having to go outside.


Jan is our fabulous hostess at Little Red Wagon this week and she's asking us to Pick Patterned Papers. Jan wants us to use at least two different patterned papers on our projects. I used nine! I'm actually quite impressed with myself as I was filled with a wee bit of angst when I saw the challenge theme. I'm not particularly skilled at using patterned paper which is a shame given that I seem to have reams of it in my craft room. I am highly skilled at buying it with high hopes of making amazing things. Anyway, I like the way this project turned out. I also used scraps so I have previously put each piece of the different papers to use in other projects.

And now it's your turn! Pull out your patterned papers to create something for this week's challenge. And if you need some inspiration, check out the Little Red Wagon blog to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have made. 

7 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your buying skill has come in very handy Kate, I love this card. So colourful and happy.
Faith x

Witchcrafted Life said...

That is properly freezing, my word! The coldest we've gotten down to here so far this year is -29C (with a windchill/feels like temp of about -36C).

I hope that you're staying warm and enjoying a lovely, relaxing start to January, my sweet friend. This card is such an upbeat gem!

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

inkblocks said...

I'd say you are extremely skilled at using up patterned paper - it's a beautiful and striking card! :o) Nancy J

Chrissy said...

Beautiful design Kate and I LOVE the different patterned paper, although I read the challenge as pink patterned paper, but it wasn't, it was was pick patterned paper..cleaned my glasses and there it was in black and white..ha ha ha..gorgeous card, very impressed and inspired..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JanR said...

I'm impressed with yourself too! Wonderful card, Kate! I adore of colours. Love how you did the sentiment too!

Imke said...

Great way to use scraps, Kate. The arrangement looks great - i have to try this out.

Imke ~ CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

What a great design! I love that you used so many scraps and the inlaid die is brilliant! Stay warm, Girlfriend!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>