Be My Valentine Box Card

Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Brenda is our talented hostess at Little Red Wagon this week and she's calling out, "Make it Open". She's not just looking for easy-peasy open up a typical card as you normally would type of project though, she's looking for unique and creative ways to open your projects.

Back in April 2019, I purchased a magazine with a free box card die set. I had always wanted to make a box card so thought the die would be the perfect incentive. However, I only just got around to unwrapping the die set for this project - and just earlier this week! It didn't come with instructions though so it took a bit of figuring but I did manage to sort things out. 


I decided to make a Valentine-themed box card with lots of hearts and a few little arrows thrown in for good measure. I was really torn about the direction of the paper on the side panels (the ones that fold down). I'm thinking I might cut some more paper for the two side panels and have the direction go the other way. Still not sure though! And the sides under the flaps have sweet little cupids on the paper which is why I decided to add some arrows amongst the hearts.

Most of the products (stamps and heart dies) used on my box card are from My Craft Spot. I do miss my days designing with Kimberly and always love pulling out MCS products from time to time! I think Kimberly's dies cut better than any other dies I've ever used. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the rest of the unique and creative openings - and then create and link up a project of your own!

4 comments

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous box card Kate, I have never made one and should do, love the flowers that pop out and I do know they fold flat for posting, really lovely..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the box cards and this is lovely literally packed with hearts, just wonderful Kate.
Faith x

Imke said...

Wow, what a lovely box. I tried something like that once but i was not happy with result **lol** Yours is totally awesome.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

Kate, this is a gorgeous box card! The papers are beautiful and I just love all those sweet hearts!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>