Congrats (Custom Wedding Card)

Friday, May 20, 2016
The son of one of my friends is getting married next weekend and I was asked to make a card for the parents to give the groom and bride. I was delighted that Karen asked me to do this for her and asked for a few details about the wedding so I could create something along their theme. I learned that the colours are to be various shades of blue and that there is a rustic/outdoor theme with mason jars, burlap and antlers, as well as flowers, being used to decorate. Then the fun began as I designed a card specifically for the wedding!


I found the antler heart online and was so happy with the image! The flowers, mason jar, hearts and "congrats" word art were all created with retired dies from My Craft Spot. The frame is from Mama Elephant and the stencilling is actually done with the Ice Cream stencil from Mint Owl Studio! I thought it would work well to complement the weave of the burlap. I stencilled first at a 45 degree angle and then stencilled again with the stencil aligned with my paper as I didn't want things to be too stark. I'm so happy with the result!


The papers are from Paper Garden. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the gold cardstock used for the base, antlers and "congrats" are a wonderful metallic with a lovely bit of shimmer. I created the blue papers using distress inks. I added some tiny glass beads into the centres of each of the flowers too.

Products used:




5 comments

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH Kate - this is simply beautiful - what a gorgeous wedding card! LOVE the shades of blues and burlap - you matched it perfectly to the theme! LOVE it! Have a great weekend

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pretty blues and the gold shines beautifully! This really is a stunning card!

Migdalia said...

This is GORGEOUS!! The shads of blue are simply beautiful!!Stunning card!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

MiamiKel said...

This is absolutely stunning! such an elegant card with beautiful color hues and the touch of gold is perfect!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>