Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'm so sad that this is my last project as part of the My Craft Spot creative design team. It has been such a joy to help Kimberly promote her wonderful products over the years and I am so incredibly thankful to her for allowing me this honour. Thank you, Kimberly!!

I actually had another project in mind for this post but my right hand was on the receiving end of an angry dog's teeth this weekend. I didn't need stitches and the bite mark itself is healing nicely but my hand is still quite swollen and bruised. No fun!! As a result, my motor function is a little bit reduced and I just don't have the control for paper piecing. Instead, I decided to create digitally (and had a fun time doing so)! I'm hoping I'll be okay again in a day or two.



It has been bitterly cold here lately. When I saw the fun winter images from Lettering Delights, I thought they'd make great cards for the kids' lunch boxes. I used some of the Lettering Delights word art but also created a hybrid card using a sentiment from My Craft Spot's Think Snow set. 



I imported the image of the sentiment into my Silhouette software and added two offsets to create the little sentiment shadow and blue outline. Once the card was printed, I stamped the sentiment. 

There are still a number of products available at My Craft Spot. Be sure to check things out and stock up on the items you want. Once they're gone, they're gone!!.

7 comments

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, Kate, I hope your hand is better soon. I'm glad you didn't have to have stitches. Your card is adorable!! The image is so cute!! I love the colors!! I so enjoyed being DT sisters with you, even for a short time!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Scrapper69 said...

Sorry to hear about the dog bite.. OUCH! I hope you heal quickly! :) But there is nothin' wrong with digital! My favorite thing these days! Especially when you can still make it come to life on PAPER! YAY Your card is adorable Kate! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! So sorry to hear about your hand. I hope it gets well soon. This is a wonderful card.

Sherrie K. said...

Aaaaw, sorry to hear that Kate...hope you heal quickly!
Cute cards Kate! Love the fun image and great colors:)
Sherrie K

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Hope you are feeling better Kate, glad it wasn't any worse! This came out super cute! I have enjoyed all your posts using My Craft Spot Products! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

jessica said...

These are adorable Kate!!!! Love them!
So sorry to hear about your doggie bite! Hope you feel better soon!!

Renee B. said...

Take care of that bite Kate...hope it heals soon!
Hugs, Renee

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>