Goat Farm

Monday, May 7, 2012
My youngest is so excited (and so am I!) that his EA has invited us to go to meet the goats at her farm this coming weekend.  It's been a few weeks of waiting, but the time is drawing closer and we're praying for good weather on Saturday.  Although it's not my week to design for My Craft Spot, a fitting "Thank You" card for my son's EA meets the "On the Farm" challenge, so I decided to create something to have my card ready to go!  Also, I'll be away for most of the week at the Provincial CICE Conference so I won't have much time to craft (especially as I'm one of the speakers at the conference so will be going over my notes beforehand too!).


I used Animal Kingdom for the sweet little goats.  The barn/silo is from Everyday Paper Dolls.  I cut it in red, black and white and then hand cut various portions in order to achieve the multi-coloured look.  I also cut the weather vane, but positioned the image on my Gypsy so that I would not cut more than necessary.  I ran the barn through my Cuttlebug using the Distressed Stripes folder and the silo roof was embossed with a Give a Hoot companion folder.  I also added some score lines to the silo and barn roof.


The grass is from Cheerful Seasons and the fence is from Paper Doll Dress Up.  I just cut a strip of light brown paper for the dirt and also ran that through my Cuttlebug using Distressed Stripes.  

The sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Friends and Neighbors set.  I framed it with some Vintage Cherry baker's twine, also from My Craft Spot.  I inked EVERYTHING on this card too!

There are some fabulous farm creations at My Craft Spot.  Please head over to check them out - and then link up your own creation to be eligible to win this week's prize!

Finally, I have a winner from last week's Fantabulous Cricut "Save the Earth" Cricut Crawl.  Thank you so much to all of you who left such lovely comments.  (And I do apologize for being so behind on my own blog visits.  Between preparing for this week's conference, work, my thesis and being a busy wife and mother, I'm burning the candle at both ends.  Things should calm down a bit in the next week or two... I hope!)  I went to Random.org and the lucky winner is #16 - Jamie from Scrappin' 2 Baby Girls!!  Congratulations Jamie!!  You have won a Butterfly Kisses stamp set generously donated by Kimberly at My Craft Spot.  Please email me (smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com - remove spaces) with your contact information.  You have two weeks to claim your prize.

19 comments

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh Kate, this is AWESOME!! I love the scene you created and all the texture look so great! Your placement of everything is just perfect:) Nice job! Wow!!
Hope you have good weather for your little adventure visit this weekend. It sounds like a great time:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

jessica said...

This is adorable!!! love the cuts and the whole look of this adorable card!! thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!

Candy said...

Your card is fantastic! I love how you embossed the barn. The goats are cute!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is the cutest card love it

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Kate, if a barn yard card can be gorgeous...yours is...lol! That barn is just amazing, so much detail with the inking and embossing! And the little goats are just cute as can be. What a fun little farm scene you have created...I love it!

Melissa said...

This is soo cute!

Amy said...

Adorable card- it certainly made me smile!!! :)Amy

Karen said...

love your card what a marvelous farm scene!

1Happy Mimi said...

What a beautiful barn scene! All your details really shine!

GiGi said...

This is adorable! I love how you did the sign with the twine!

scrappin2babygirls said...

love your card.. so cute. can't believe I won thank you so much!! I emailed you yesterday but I don't know if you got it or not..
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Nana Donna said...

So cute and what a fun day. The barn is amazing

Scrapper69 said...

Good Luck with the conference Kate! AND have some fun on the farm with your son! Your card is ADORABLE! I LOVE the whole scene! :O)

Tara said...

Great embossing and what a fabulous sentiment!
Tara

April said...

This is really cute! I hope you have a great day on the farm!

Linda Kaiser said...

Adorable!! Super cute idea!!

Linda

Unknown said...

Kate this is awesome. "Everything looks like it was meant to be.So much detail and the barnyard is ever so nice...♥

Besthobbyeva said...

I am sure this card was well received. What a great idea for a thank you card. I hope you were able to visit the farm! I am sure your son had a great time!

Laurie

~ Barb said...

Hi Kate, I'm glad to have found another Canadian card crafter/blogger too! It seems as though we have a lot in common. I was an EA before staying home with my girls and the husband got his Masters in Educational Psychology. I always joke that 'we' got our Masters because I edited all of his papers, lol. I know how much work it is so WAY TO GO for being in the home stretch!!! Take care,
{Hugs} Barb

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>