Flower Shoppe Birthday Card - and a winner!

Monday, November 21, 2011
Welcome to another My Craft Spot challenge!  This week, it's all about Handmade Flower Power!  This provided me with just the right opportunity to use my Flower Shoppe cartridge again.


I had such a fun time creating this 5x5 card!  It came together so easily with the Flower Shoppe cuts.  I can understand why this cartridge gets such rave reviews - and I'm joining in the accolades too!  I used kraft cardstock, a blue/grey shimmer paper from DCWV's Luxury Stack and some green patterned paper from my scrap file.


The larger flower was cut using Heart2 and Scallop4.  (I cut off one of the petals on the very top layer.)  After inking the edges with a pale blue ink, I used a petal tool to distress and curl the petals and then added a touch of Glossy Accents and crystal glitter.  The double pearl center is actually from a necklace I purchased at the dollar store - with crafting in mind!!  The leaves are Ruffle5.  I scored down the middle of each and shaped a bit with the rounded end of my petal roller.  I created the small flowers in the corner by punching little flowers using various paper punches that I have and layering the cuts.  I inked the edges of those and added little pearls to the middle of each.


The frames (white and green) are both from Elegant Edges.  I also did a double border using a lace punch from Martha Stewart, sewing them together and then adding some My Craft Spot Sky Blue Crinkle Ribbon above.  The sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Inside & Out Set #2.  As it's a clear polymer stamp, I was able to round it on my acrylic block in order to fit the shape of the frame.  Once I had stamped it, I went over the sentiment with my StarDust Gelly Roll pen.  I stitched the borders of this card and added more pearls to finish everything off.  I'm so happy with how this turned out.  It was created for the woman I most love, admire and respect in this world, my wonderful mum.

Now it's your turn to create a project with a handmade flower for the My Craft Spot Handmade Flower Power challenge!  If you have a Cricut, there are all sorts of cartridges that can help you.  You can also create flowers with paper punches - or simply by cutting paper, cardstock, tissue, etc.!  I can't wait to see what you make!

***********************
Thanks to all of you who played along in last week's Fantabulous Cricut Harvest Blessings Crawl.  I appreciate all your lovely comments on my rosette pumpkin.  I went to Random.org, and the lucky winner of the $15 My Craft Spot gift certificate is #60 - Tanya of Nonna's Craft Corner.  Congratulations Tanya!!  Please email me your contact information at smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces].  You have two weeks to claim your prize.

23 comments

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, this is ever so stunning! Lovely card, kate! x0x0

Saundra said...

Kate, this is absolutely gorgeous!!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Sherrie K. said...

What a GORGEIOUS card Kate! It is just stunning and filled with such beautiful detail. You can tell there is a lot of love behind this card! I love the beautiful flowers, stitching and added pearls. Simply gorgeous!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Congrats to your winner Tanya!!

jennyplace2 said...

OMG! Kate! Your card is just stunning, love the colours and of course the beautiful flowers. I just got this cartridge on the weekend and was trying to figure it out....looks like it is time to play! TFS!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Kate your flowers are just amazing! They have so much detail and depth...just gorgeous! And those pearls? How clever! I love all the wonderful layers, the mats, the soft, muted colors, just lovely! And, thank you so much for such a wonderful give away! I was just tickled to see that I had won the drawing from the Cricut Crawl! I will email you my info in just a bit, thanks again! I look forward to shopping without leaving home :o)

Jayne said...

Kate this card is gorgeous.Love your beautiul flower with it's glitter and pearls.Your Mum is going to adore it.
Jayne x

DIANA L. said...

This is so elegant and beautiful,
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty Kate! Great colors! This cartridge is on my wish list!

Rhonda Emery said...

beautiful card wishing you a happy thanksgiving although I know you already had yours, miss you my friend still loving my stamp everytime I use it I think of you and what such a dear friend you are.

Audrey Frelx said...

Gorgeous-gorgeous card my friend. Looks like I'm going to have to break down and buy that cart after all!!! LOL!

Hugs!

Angi Barrs said...

That flower is so pretty and gorgeous Kate. Love this card. :)

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous, Kate! The colors are so pretty and I love those beautiful flowers!! Flower Shoppe is my current favorite cart :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

ckeller219 said...

You're card is so beautiful. I love all the detailing. Very talented. Thank you for sharing.

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW Katie! This is sooo BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the flower! Miss visiting you and had to stop by and say HI! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving! :o)

Theresa

Diane Hodrick said...

Kate, your flowers are gorgeous! I love the fact that you made your card square! The pearl bling is the perfect finishing touch! Everything looks so soft and dreamy!

Linda Kaiser said...

Kate, this is such an elegant card! I love your flowers and the bling!

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

Linda

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Kate, this is SOOOOO beautiful! Love the flower work! Congrats Tanya!!! YAY! Love her!!!

~Tammy~ said...

So elegant and beautiful! You always blow me away with your creations!

April said...

This is so beautiful, Kate! I love the flowers and I like how you used patterned paper for the leaves.

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate this is absolutely beautiful!! Just gorgeous! You are really outdone yourself!!!

Laurie

Georgiana said...

What a magnificent card and flower. It is truly beautiful.

Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tracey said...

WOW......so Beautiful! Love the crystal glitter
I think its a fabulous cartridge too....so many endless combinations to create!

Tara said...

This is just beautiful! TFS
Tara

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>