Doodlecharms Bus

Monday, May 16, 2011
I spent a long day reading yesterday.  I'm loving my course this semester (Social and Cultural Context of Education) and am fascinated by not only my required readings, but the blog responses written by my classmates which provide an amazing opportunity to expand my view of this world.  However, at the end of the day, my brain was drained so I managed to fit in a bit of crafting between homework with the children, supper, playtime and reading with my youngest.
I made this card for my middle guy's bus driver.  School isn't finished until the end of June so I'm happy to be ahead of the game!  Jenny, from Jenny's Scrapbooking Haven, let me know about the favourite cartridge challenge at Bug Juiced by Debbie.  As my favourite cartridge is Doodlecharms (I just LOVE the sweet little images for all seasons and occasions), I was pleased to discover that my card also meets the criteria for Emma's challenge at My Creative Time, where we are to use Doodlecharms and also something with the colour blue.  And it's "Transportation Week" at My Sheri Crafts, so I'll add my link there as well.  Riley and Company has a school theme - so I hope the school bus counts!

The card was fairly simple to put together.  As it is for a man, I didn't want to add too many embellishments.  The bus and little faces on my card are from Doodlecharms.  I manipulated the faces to make them a bit more round and then stamped them with Peachy Keen stamps.  The cap and hair were cut using Everyday Paper Dolls and I had to manipulate those a bit to fit the Doodlecharms faces.  I cut some extra tires in black and embossed them with my Cuttlebug and also added little brad hubcaps.  Last week, I saw a card created by Jamie from Cute Cards and Crafts by Jamie who stamped a sentiment across her Doodlecharms bus and I decided to do the same.  I used an EK Success punch for the corners and did a bit of faux stitching.  I also used my Stardust Gelly Roll pen over the sentiment, on the eyelashes and on the photo corners.  I finished things off with some baker's twine and a button. 

33 comments

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super adorable Kate! love those faces!
you should enter this over at My Sheri Crafts.. it transportation week!

MiamiKel said...

This is just delightful, Kate -- super duper cute. You should also enter this at Riley and Company - just 2 more hours til the challenge closes and its' a school theme :)
Blessings to you, my friend - I hope school gives you a break soon!

Sherrie K. said...

What a cute little card. I just love the little kids..the faces are adorable.
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

what a cute card:)

Georgiana said...

I love the heads sticking out the windows and their facial expressions are perfect since it is almost summer vacation!

Tracey said...

How nice of you to give a card to the bus driver....I'm sure he will love it! It looks great! I love the head sticking out the windows too!

Besthobbyeva said...

Kate this is absolutely adorable! So creative, I am loving all the little faces!! So clever. I am sure it will be a big hit!! Good luck in all your challenges, way to rock them out!!!

Good luck with all your reading, always much better when you are enjoying the subject!!

Laurie

4kids4 said...

Hi Kate, what a cute card! Perfect for a man...not overly embellished. Those little kids with the PK faces are so sweet...they look so happy...it must be the last day of school!! LOL I love Doodlecharms too...such cute, fun stuff on there! TFS!

~Sharon C.

Rhonda Emery said...

I love this it is just too stinking adorable. you really know how to make cute, beautiful and pretty cards. hugs friend

Rhonda Emery said...

I love this it is just too stinking adorable. you really know how to make cute, beautiful and pretty cards. hugs friend

Maureen Reiss said...

This card is sooooo cute!!

Sheri said...

Great way to combine all those challenges! This is SO CUTE with those PK stamps and bus! Thanks for joining in on this week's challenge at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

Linda Kaiser said...

Super cute Kate! I love how you make such adorable cards!!

Linda

Tiffany said...

This is soooo cute! I bet he will love it. TFS

Tiffany
http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

This card could not be any cuter! A perfect card for a bus driver. So adorable! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm already a happy follower :)

http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Ulysses' mama said...

Very cute and creative! Love it!

Glora said...

Oh my goodness, how cute are those cute little kids peeking out of the school bus windows. ADORABLE! I love it! Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge. Hugs- Glora

Tara said...

I just love the little faces! He is going to love this and you are so kind for thinking to give it! TFS
Tara

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Great job being ahead of the game! I just love this cute little bus and those little kids are adorable! I love the idea of stamping the sentiment across the bus! Now I'm going to be borrowing this idea too! I'm sure the bus driver is going to love this!

Dee Burns said...

Such a cute card, the bus with the Kids is adorable. Can't wait to see more of your work. Kate, you are one important, busy lady...how do you do all that you do...lol. I feel honored that you were able to make the time to stop by for a Blog visit. Thanks much.

Jamiecrafts said...

way cute Kate, so glad you liked the way I did the bus thanks for the shout out ;)

~Tammy~ said...

Kate, your cards always put a smile on my face, so I know your son's bus driver will be so pleased with it as well!

April said...

Really, really cute! I love the kids peeking out the windows. Your bus driver will love it!

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww super sweet. Love their little heads peaking out of the windows. :)

cdm317 said...

Wonderful card! I totally forgot about the school bus! I love the faces on the children!
Colleen

Carol L said...

OMG... this is too cute!! I wanted to thank you for your sweet email and comments. I have been a little bit buzzy, but I'm back!! I can't wait to look around your blog to ck what I have missed ;0). I hope you have a blessed weekend!
Hugs, Carol L.

CraftyJAR said...

Kate this is so adorable! Love the smiling kids :-)
Judy

Scrapper69 said...

This turned out sooo CUTE! And to get it in all those challenges is always a bonus! I'm sure the Bus driver is gonna love it when you give it at the end of the school year! :o)
Theresa

Jhonny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Agus Salim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamroni Sumardi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ANDI said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
randi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>