At the Zoo!

Monday, July 26, 2010
The challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is "At the Zoo"!  As soon as I heard the theme, I knew exactly what I wanted to do - all based on a stamp from Digital Doodling.  I am forever calling my youngest a cheeky monkey and was so excited to find the stamp (which I believe is/was a freebie).
I used Design Studio to manipulate the cage and shadow from My Community to fit the card.  I cut the shadow in black and the cage itself from metallic paper.  The grass was also cut from My Community, with contours hidden for the bottom layer.  I used Zooballoo for the vine and cut it in three layers - the stem, the leaves and then a silhouette of the leaves.  I did used a green gel pen on the leaves and grass and also inked the edges.  The monkey was cut from Create a Critter.  I used metallic brown paper for the bottom layer, velvet cardstock for the middle layer (which I cut twice) and regular cardstock for the top layer with which I then used flocking (given to me by my friend at Maganda Memories).  I added some black gems for the eyes and some glossy accents for the nose.  I printed off the sentiment and then cut the paper to size, using my Stampin' Up ticket corner punch.  The background paper is from a pad I received with my very first baby Cricut years ago.
If you haven't already done so, head over to Fantabulous Cricut for this week's challenge.  We'd love to see your zoo themed creation!

26 comments

Melinda Beltran said...

What a cute card! I love how it turned out. Great job!

Kel said...

THAT is an amazing card. What fantab detail. I love everything about it.. Great job, thanks for sharing!

Myra said...

Oh how adorable!!! Love that you got to use the flocking too. ;-)

Shirl said...

Cuuuuuteee!!! Just love how you created the scene and vine for the monkey to hang on to! :)

MiamiKel said...

So sweet!! What terrific detailing and such a fabulous card - he looks like he's having a lot of fun :) Beautifully done, Kate! Blessings!

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

Very, very cute. I love that monkey.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Thanks for the heads up on the missing photo.

Love the little monkey, cute!

Court said...

Kate, what a cute card and thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment! I really appreciate it! :)

Stephanie said...

Wonderful Card! I love how you put the cage and everything works perfectly the stamp really does go perfectly with the card!:)

Stampleigh said...

Awesome card! I love all the details you have added to this card! Great job!

Angi Barrs said...

Wow this is so adorable. That cute little monkey made me smile! :)
-Angi-

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so adorable!Love the pattern paper and the grass!

Candace Pelfrey said...

AMAZING card!! I love this!!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Love that monkey and that pergola. What a great card, Kate! Stupendous

Rhonda Emery said...

cute monkey

Lori (THCEO) said...

How cute is that?!?!? I just love that little guy. Great card, Kate!!! :)

Lori

Dorcas said...

SUPER CUTE! Love it! TFS!
~Dorcas

Emily said...

Cute! Love monkeys :)

Michelle said...

this is so cute! LOVE ALL THE DEMINSIONS! And the stamp too cute!

Teresa Kline said...

so very cute, great little card!

enjoy *~*

Rhonda Emery said...

hi kate this is Rhonda just wondering did you recieve your mini album yet. I mailed it on tues. Just wondering. your friend Rhonda.
www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I have just started my own blog and I would like to start hosting giveaways so please be sure to follow or tell friends about it! It would be very appreciated! Giveaways will most likely be things from my scrapbook e-store or other scrapbook related items.

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

also, there is no link to follow your blog?

Valerie said...

Kate, your monkey card is AWESOME!!! The monkey is very cool:)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Adorable card Kate, I love that vine.

Haven't seen you around for a bit....hope everything is okay.
Hugs,
Wendy

Sammye Jo said...

Love this! ADORABLE girl!!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>