Thoughts and Prayers - Sympathy Card

Wednesday, May 8, 2024
It's Brenda's turn to host our Little Red Wagon weekly challenge and she's looking for us to create our own backgrounds.


Mine is a fairly (very!) simple card. I used a stencil to blend some Speckled Egg distress ink in an oval shape. I purchased this ink when it first came out and it's been sitting, still wrapped, on my ink shelf since its arrival! I then stamped a MFT flower trio - which seems to be my go-to sympathy stamp. I really like the simple elegance of the stamp. I finished things off with a sentiment from My Craft Spot, some black paint splatter and three little pearls. I decided I liked things better without the pearls but they were not having anything to do with me removing them without a trace so I decided they could stay.  

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have done for backgrounds - and then join in the fun too! 

5 comments

Brenda said...

I love the simplicity, it is simply beautiful and perfect for the challenge. (Speckled egg is one of my favorite distress colors😊).

Paperesse said...

Sympathy cards are tough ones to make and you've done a great job here, Kate. It's so tasteful and elegant in its simplicity.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It may be simple, but it's perfect for a sympathy card, love the speckled egg oval. x

JanR said...

Lovely card, Kate! I too like simple designs for sympathy cards. Nice of you to let the pearls stay. (:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful soothing card Kate. love the soft blue in the background..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>