Congrats to the Grad

Wednesday, March 29, 2023
I'm delighted to be hosting at Little Red Wagon this week. In keeping with my Queen-inspired challenges in 2023, I've chosen the hit song, "We Are the Champions". I'm looking for any sort of congratulatory-type project. 


I decided to go with a card as one of our incredible student staff members at work will be graduating at the end of the term. She loves butterflies so I knew I wanted a butterfly as my focal point. I first tried a small cap on the butterfly's head but that really didn't work so decided the butterfly would wear the cap on her wing. Much better! The butterfly, cap and pink mat are all covered in Wink of Stella and it looks quite pretty in real life. And the background floral paper is also embossed with little butterflies. 

The butterfly is from Flora & Fauna stamps (although I think the set might be retired as I can't seem to find it) with all the rest of the stamps (cap and sentiments) from Simon Says Stamp's Grad Party set. Inside, I stamped, "Now go change the world". The black scallop frame is from My Favorite Things. I found a reverse set of frames (with the scallop on the outer edge) but I'm thinking this set must also be retired. The little pink corners are from an EK Success punch. Back when I first started making cards, I had corners on pretty much everything!! It was fun to pull out the dusty punch and use it again. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the rest of the Girlfriends' projects - and then link up one of your own! 

4 comments

Paperesse said...

What a pretty card, Kate! And how clever you are with the graduation cap added to the butterfly. I know the recipient will be so impressed (especially as she likes butterflies). I like the bright colors you've used on the butterfly itself and which you've coordinated with the overall color theme; it really 'pops' against the white focal point background.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Kate and love the butterfly colours, so pretty..

luv CHRISSYxx

Imke said...

Great graduation card, Kate. I like the the use of PINK on it.

Imke "MY CRAFTY PLACE

JanR said...

What a creative card! I adore the bright colours. The recipient is gonna love it!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>