I Whale Love You Always

Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Our fearless Little Red Wagon leader, Jan, is hosting this week's challenge and she wants us to CASE someone. Although I knew the general idea of what this challenge meant and what I was to do (copy somebody else's fabulous ideas), I had to look up what CASE stands for: Copy Another Stamper's (or Scrappers) Efforts. 


I worked backwards a bit for this one. I decided that I wanted to use some of the products that I *had* to get when MFT had a fantastic sale last month - and yet still sat wrapped in their original, unopened packaging. I really wanted to use the Wavy Lines stencil so looked through the product inspiration photos and realized that Karolyn Loncon used the stencil as well as the "Best Catch Ever" stamp set which I also purchased (and also hadn't opened yet). I figured it was a win all round! I pretty much kept things the same with a few minor changes. I thought the card was fantastic and I suppose that CASEing is all about showing the original creator that their work is so good it needs to be recreated!


Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see the CASEd creations of the Girlfriends. And now's the perfect opportunity to try out an idea you've seen by somebody else!


7 comments

Brenda said...

I LOVE this Kate. Your watercoloring is perfect and I love the way you positioned the sentiment. I'm so glad you used this darling stamp set! I took the same approach, I was definitely looking to use a NBUS stamp set.

Chrissy said...

FABulous water colouring Kate and the images are so cute, fabulous casing..

Luv CHRISSYxx

JanR said...

So cute! Wonderful watercolouring and I love how the sentiment curves around the circle.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your "case" is perfect, I love everything about this card Kate.
Faith x

Imke said...

Perfect case, Kate ! It´s a sweet underwater scene - love it.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

R's Rue said...

This is so cute. I love it. Well done. You are so creative.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Witchcrafted Life said...

This is just the cutest!!!

I love whales sooo much! A few years back, my DH and I took a trip to Vancouver Island (it was his first time there ever and my first visit as an adult), during which we splurged and ventured out on a whale watching tour. Bitingly cold winds aside, it was incredible and we were fortunate to spot several orcas, tons of seals, and for a mere nanosecond, one ultra adorable otter. It was a day I'll never forget and which I hope we're able to repeat again at some point.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>