Hang in There

Friday, May 26, 2017
I'm delighted to be back today with another CropStop guest designer post. For today's project, I created a card using Lawn Fawn's Hang in There stamp set.


I started by stamping, colouring and cutting the sloth from the stamp set before putting it aside as I worked on the background. I put a bit of Mowed Lawn distress ink and Peeled Paint distress oxide on my craft mat, spritzing a bit of water on each. I then used a paint brush to add colour to my watercolour cardstock. Once dry, I stamped leaved using Peeled Paint distress oxide, using both the solid and outline leaves from the Hang in There stamp set. I layered the mat (cut using MFT's Blueprints 29) on a piece of green cardstock and then adhered that to my card base.


I used MFT's single stitch oval dies to cut vellum and more watercolour cardstock to frame my little sloth. The clouds were cut with Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud Border dies as well as MFT's Blueprints 29, using both watercolour cardstock and vellum. I used my Misti to stamp the sentiment. I finished everything off with some Toadally Green sequins from My Craft Spot (no longer in business).

http://cropstop.com/

Please head over to CropStop to check out the array of crafting supplies available.

CropStop products used for my card:

Brands used and sold by CropStop:

5 comments

Desire Fourie said...

Kate this is beautifully designed and coloured and I love your creative flair.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! It looks FANTASTIC Kate! LOVE how you used the Oxides.. very cool background! Have a wonderful weekend! HUGS! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE this card, with a great image 3D'd and the frame out of the background and the great dies, a Fabulous card.
Faith
x

Bobby said...

I love all the detail you put into your card, Kate. The leafy background is perfect for a hanging sloth and the two cloud layers finish it off perfectly.

Kate said...

test

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>