Crossing Guard Card

Saturday, November 9, 2013
I'm sharing a card over at My Craft Spot today and am posting it here on my blog too. Each Christmas and summer, I create a card for my youngest son's crossing guard.  I actually made this card last Christmas but didn't post it.  


The STOP sign was created on my Gypsy with George and Basic Shapes and Going Places.  I added a little red gem to the top of the sign to mimic the flashing red light on the real thing.  The sweet little snowman is from Hello Kitty Greetings.  I added a bit of super fine glitter to his hat scarf and hat.  After rounding the bottom corners of my card, I used a red marker to "stitch" along the edges. 


The sentiment at the bottom of my card is from My Craft Spot's Think Snow stamp set.  I also created a little tag using My Craft Spot's Tiny Tags metal dies.  I love the variety of little tags in this set.  I choose a scalloped shadow and the little white top layer comes out with a stitched look.  Love it!  On the tag, I stamped a fun little tree from My Craft Spot's Stamping All Around Christmas set.  I finished everything off with some Candy Cane baker's twine.  It's perfect for Christmas projects!

WINNER



I am SO sorry that this announcement comes so late.  Thanks to all of you who left such kind comments for me during last week's My Craft Spot Stamp Release Blog Hop.  I had meant to post the winner of the metal dies on Monday but have been beyond preoccupied with our upcoming move.  We move on Friday and still haven't found a home that we're happy with - so will be staying with my mum for a bit.  I've also just had a set of essays turned in (I know, bad timing on my part!).  I'm afraid that my blogging will be rather limited for the next couple of weeks.  Anyway, a visit to Random.org has revealed that the winner of the Ribbon Banners - Arched metal dies is Kim from Kim's Kreations.  Congratulations Kim!!  Please email me with your shipping details so I can arrange for your prize to be posted.

8 comments

Debbie said...

What a fun card!! Your snowman is so cute and that's a "cool" sentiment!! :)

Eva Laney said...

Congrats to Kim. & oh what a cute card, I love the added details like the stitching and bling Snowmen and snowflakes are my favorite Christmas Décor :) Good luck with your move.

jessica said...

Super adorable card Kate! Love that snowman and the tag is adorable!
Congrats to your winner!!

Kristie said...

This is adorable!

Migdalia said...

Very SWEET! Congrats to the winner!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

Bobby said...

Darling card, Kate. Good luck with your move. I've had to do the same before, moving in with my parents for a time while relocating. It's not easy to have to store things and then move again for real but it will all work out for the best.

Rhonda Emery said...

what a cute card. hugs

Scrapper69 said...

Try not to stress to much Kate! You'll find the perfect home son enough! Love the card! Very cute and perfect for the crossing guard! Good luck with your move! :o)

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>