Feel Better Soon

Monday, September 10, 2012

This week's challenge at FCCB is Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  We are challenging you to create a project with some sort of transportation on it.  I actually did not think that I would have a project for this week as we had a rather traumatic start to the school year... but the theme fit my need for a card so to the craft room I went!


On Wednesday evening, my middle guy was at a youth event which included some go karting.  When it was my son's turn, he was given some pointers on how to operate the go kart, including the instruction to turn off the ignition if necessary as the brakes didn't always work.  (I'm beyond baffled that this activity was even permitted and that none of the adults there realized how reckless it was...)  Anyway, long story short, the brakes did not work.  My son was unable to turn off the ignition in time and was unable to turn so ended up ramming into a truck.  He now has a fractured ankle and some pretty nasty gashes down his leg.  No fun at all!  I made this card for him.  (The character on the card is smiling as my son has remained his happy self through all this.  In fact, he is handling things much better than I am!!)

I used the golf cart on Car Decals and George and Basic Shapes to create the go kart, cutting the top part off by hand.  The little guy is also from Car Decals and the crutches are from Everyday Paper Dolls.  I hand cut the little cast.  The sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Tiny Tags set and the frames around the sentiment were cut using the NEW My Craft Spot Tiny Doilies metal dies and punches.  The crooked frame is also from George and Basic Shapes.

You have a week to enter this week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut.  Check out the rest of the design team's creations - and then link up your own project!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks to all who left such lovely comments for me last week during the My Craft Spot Fall Stamp Release Party and Blog Hop.  I appreciate them all!  The winner of the NEW My Craft Spot Best Witches stamp set is #5: Snappy Scrappy (Lee-Ann from Snappy Scraps).  Congratulations Lee-Ann!!!  Please email your information to smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces] so I can arrange to have your new stamps shipped out to you!

22 comments

snappy scrappy said...

Yikes...sorry to hear about your son...those things are dangerous. Really cute card though...I love the stick people on that cartridge. Thank you so much...I can't believe I won the stamp set!! Lee-Ann :)
Ps...I emailed you my info :)

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

O no that is not good:( Hope he heals fast and that there is not too much pain and discomfort!! Love the card though!!
Kristan

Besthobbyeva said...

Oh Kate, I am so sorry to hear about your son! You are so right, why weren't the adults taking more responsibility!! Sometimes they really do handle things better than us. I hope for a speedy recovery (for both of you).

I have to say, I love this card. Those crutches and the little cast, sooo adorable. Great job!!

Laurie

Heather said...

So sorry to hear about your son's accident! Like you, I can't believe that following that disclaimer the children were still allowed to participate. This card is perfect for the occasion though. Hope your son recovers quickly!!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so careless on the adults part, but glad he is doing okay could have been alot worse, and thank god it wasnt. your card is beautiful as you are. I pray he gets better fast. hugs my friend.

Debbie said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear of your son's accident!!
This is a really cute card for him!!

Karen H said...

My dear friend, I was just coming over here to leave you some love about your kiddo... not expecting to see this card for him! He will LOVE this and it will help him to keep staying his happy self. You are such a beautiful person, a beautiful mom, and a blessing to all who know you! This card is perfect for him and is filled with so much love. I will keep him in my prayers. **extra hugs**

Hugs and blessings!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my gosh Kate! I'm so sorry to hear about this - things like this scare me to death. My boys were such dare-devils when they were growing up and it's amazing they did not receive more injuries than they did. But this seems more like a case of negligence from the go-cart business. I hope your son fully recovers very soon-he sounds like a real trooper! Oh..and by the way..your card is really adorable! Love the card, sorry about the circumstances !!

Migdalia said...

OH!Sorry To hear about your son...:(A wonderful card!prayers and hopes for a speedy recovery....
Congrats Lee-Ann!
Migdalia

scootingranny said...

So glad your son wasn't hurt worse and you did a card for him that was wonderful. Love how you made a go cart out of the golf cart and did the smily figure. Hugs to both of you

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Adorable card but so sorry you had to make it for your son. Glad he wasn't hurt worse or other hurt too. Your right a little more adult interaction would have been good.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So scary Kate! I am sending thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! Your card is perfect! Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Oh, I hope your little guy feels better soon!I certainly know pain lately. Had my MRI and am going to the surgeon this morning to schedule surgery.
Pam

Audrey Frelx said...

This is just the cutest card!!!

Sorry to hear about your son, and I pray he has a quick recovery!

April said...

So sorry to hear about your son. You are right, that go kart should not have in operation! Love your cute card. great job!

Karen H said...

Hello my sweet friend! I'm popping in to see how your little guy is doing.. and to give you some extra hugs and love. :o) Thinking of you!

Hugs and blessings!

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH Kate.... Soooo sorry to hear about your son.... what a scary event! I can't believe they allowed that type of activity either.... weird... I'm glad he's ok and your card is soooo stinkin' cute! It certainly put a smile on my face and I wasn't even the one hurt! :O)

Linda Kaiser said...

I am so sorry to hear about your son. The card is bound to cheer him up. Take care.

Linda

Amy E said...

Hi Kate! Thank you so much for coming over to check out the Spotlight post I wrote on Kristan! And I totally agree, she's simply amazing.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's accident. I can't imagine them thinking it's okay to put a child in a go cart with no brakes and hoping they'll remember to turn off the ignition if there's a problem?!!? That kind of thinking is just beyond me. I'm so glad to hear things weren't any worse, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Amy E.
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Karen H said...

Hello, my sweet friend! (I feel like I'm stalking this card! Hehe!) I am SO excited the lemon cookies brought some sunshine to his heart and tummy while he heals up! What perfect timing. Speaking of sunshine... thank you for being a burst of sunshine in my heart. Your sweet words mean everything to me. :o) I'm sending you all lots of love and prayers!

Hugs and blessings!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh boy Kate-that's too bad about your son. I hope he heals real fast and gets back to his happy self. Keep your chin up!
Your card is so cute! love the stick person and the crutches are adorable! Great job!
Hugs,
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

So sorry to hear about your son. It is terrible when they are in pain, but I am glad to know he is a real trooper. My daughter was the same way when she broke both her arms during a track meet a couple years ago. Great card!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>