Valen-tiny Cards

Monday, January 30, 2012
Thank you all so much for the comments you left for me last week during the two blog hops in which I participated.  I did read them all - despite a very busy week!  Earlier this month, I applied for a temporary learning facilitator position at a college in a nearby city.  I figured it was a long shot, but the job is exactly the sort of thing I'd like to do - and one of the reasons I am pursuing my M.Ed.  Well, not only did I get an interview - but I was offered the job last Monday!!  Orientation was Tuesday and I started working on Thursday so life has been a bit of a whirlwind!  The other staff are very supportive, friendly and helpful which is wonderful as I'm jumping in with two feet mid-semester.  It's such a great team and I'm thrilled and feel truly blessed to be included.  The only thing I don't like about the position is the commute - and it seems that Mother Nature is not being at all kind to me with all the snow and freezing rain we've been having...  Anyway, the position goes until the end of April so I will be very busy until then.  I will certainly comment as I can - but there may be delays in my blog visits.


This week at Fantabulous Cricut, the theme is "Valen-tiny" - make a 3x3 card for Valentine's Day.  The challenge at My Craft Spot is "Anything Goes" so I was able to combine the two challenges.  I made a set of four cards to add to my favourite people's lunch boxes on Valentine's Day.


The little hearts were cut using Doodlecharms.  I stamped the white heart with a sentiment from the new My Craft Spot Always and Forever set.  The top pink heart is covered with Crackle Accents.  The white mat was embossed with tiny hearts from the Cuttlebug Love Language set.  The white border was punched with little hearts from a Stampin' Up border punch.  I added some blossom baker's twine from My Craft Spot and a button on each card to finish things off. 

My Craft Spot

This Thursday, it's my turn to showcase projects made with the NEW My Craft Spot Valentine stamp sets - and one lucky winner will win a set of stamps!  I will also announce the winners of my other two My Craft Spot giveaways so you still have time to enter those if you haven't already:  HERE and HERE

32 comments

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

These are so cute Kate!! Congrats on the job, which college will you be working at??
Kristan

Dana said...

Congrats. And your cards are precious.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Very pretty in pink- love the gingham paper, rick rack and embossed background! :)Amy

Glenda said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the pinks and your pretty details!
Glenda

Beckie said...

Outstanding. You always make the most pretty minis. I love your ones at Christmas too.

Be blessed, Beckie

Rhonda Emery said...

really pretty love the soft colors hugs

Bobby said...

Congratulations on your new job. We'll miss the daily posts but understand. I always love your beautiful but simple cards.

DIANA L. said...

These are so sweet and beautiful.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the new job! That's wonderful news! I adore your mini cards-- soooo cute! I think I might have this embossing folder-- I'm off to search :)

Jayne said...

Congratulations Kate!
Gorgeous set of cards and looking forward to seeing your projects on Thursday.
Jayne x

Melanie Makes said...

Such a wonderful opportunity for you! I just love this little heart card. This is so much depth with the embossing, twine and button.
Melanie

Rae Ann said...

Congratulations! I hope you find the job to be just what you wanted.
Rae Ann O.

Sherrie K. said...

Congratulations on your new job Kate! I hope things go well for you...your cards are super cute. I just love the pink and white together. The embossing looks so pretty and the sentiment is perfect:)
Have a great week Kate and congrats again my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

Wow! You have been busy. Good luck with your new job. Are you still do the medical one too? Love these minis. I was just thinking about making some this morning, so I could use some of my "extra" cuts in the collection box. Looks liek a great opportunity!

Stay safe while commuting and enjoy your new position.
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Shelly said...

What a great set of cards! I love the embossed hearts so much!! I just love all of the details! Beautiful!
Shelly

Cindy said...

So pretty Kate! And congratulations on the new opportunity!
Cindy

Diane Hodrick said...

These are really adorable. Congrats on your new experience!

Charlotte said...

Kate,
Tese are just so cute. I love the embossing with the button and twine. The hearts are so cute. Great cards Kate.
Charlotte

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats KATE! That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.... Sorry about the weather not helping... but it won't stay that bad forever.... I'm sure sunny days are coming your way and your commute will get better! :O)
Your 3x3 cards are adorable! The kids are gonna LOVE seeing them in their lunchs! :O)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Congrats on your great news Kate!

These are super adorable! Nice work!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

We are so excited for you Kate! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity!!! Your cards are just wonderful! TFS!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Congrats on your new job. How exciting. Love the little pink and white valentine cards. They are so sweet.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Congrats on your new job. Like the mini Valentine cards.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Rosie said...

Congratulations on your new job!!!!

your cards are very pretty!!!

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

~Tammy~ said...

Yay You on the job! You go girl! Sorry about the commute though...that is rough in the winter time.

Your cards are so stinin' cute like their creator! *wink*

Have a good week!

Besthobbyeva said...

Love the cards, so sweet and pink!!

Congrats on your new position so exciting and I am sure scary at the same time.

My new job has a long commute, but I have to say our winter has been awesome so I have been so lucky! I feel your pain!! Best of luck with your new endeavor!!!

Laurie

April said...

Sweet cards! Love the pink and gingham. Congrats on your new job.

Anonymous said...

Love your Valentiny set...the soft pink and gingham are perfect. Congrats on the job!

Happy Craftin'!
Jewels

Jennie Garcia said...

Congrats on your job!! Those cards are so pretty and girly!! Too cute!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Angi Barrs said...

Big Congrats on your new job. So exciting!!!! Love your adorable cards too. :)

Nati said...

very pretty!!congratulations!
Nati from Brazil
http://natiquill.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I love the little button in the middle of the card.

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>