Long Distance Hug

Wednesday, January 20, 2021
It's time for a new challenge at Little Red Wagon. Jan is our hostess and she is "Die-ing to Craft"! We'd like you to use die cuts on your projects.

I've been using a Cuttlebug for about 15 years now in order to cut all my wafer dies. For the past year or so, I've been using a shim and still not getting very good results. In fact, last week's project took multiple attempts to cut my die. Although my Cuttlebug has been a close and dear craftroom friend over the years, it was time to retire it. I did some research and asked some questions, eventually narrowing things down to a Vagabond 2 and Gemini Junior. When I found an awesome sale price for the Vagabond 2 last week, my decision was made. The timing was perfect with this week's challenge! And what a difference the new machine makes!


My card is a fairly simply one. I used the Happy Rainbows die set from My Favorite Things, cutting the largest set twice in each of five colours. I have a number of cards I'd like to send to friends who I'm currently not able to see, so thought that I could use an "assembly line" process to create a mass set of cards. The sentiment is from the I Miss Your Hugs stamp set, also MFT, and the little heart that I popped on each card to finish things off is from the inside cut of one of the MFT Love Speech Bubbles dies. The frame is a Silly Stitched die from Lil' Inker Designs (no longer in business). 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created - and then link up your own project created with a die cut. 

I'm also linking up my card(s) in CASology's UNITE challenge



8 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love this rainbow hug card, it would certainly cheer anyone up. Love it Kate.
Faith x

Brenda said...

I love rainbows and especially the proise they stand for. Your card is so soft, sweet and well, just perfect. I finally had to give up on my Big Shot plus but it was only around for about 5 years. I was wasting more paper than I was using. I found a great sale (with free shipping which can be significant to here) and settled on a Spellbinders Platinum. Kinda wish I had an electronic machine tho. Let me know how you like yours! Stay warm!

Chrissy said...

Such a pretty card Kate and I love rainbows too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

sandie said...

This is perfect for our challenge-lots of lovely white space and then the vibrant colours and the perfect sentiment for these times! Thanks for joining CASology x

JanR said...

Love these! So cute and sweet and such a delightful card to send to friends. I also have an old Cuttlebug! It's still working for me....but it's a tad younger than yours, being about 11. I'm with Brenda....do let us know how your new machine works after it gets settled in. (:

Imke said...

My cuttlebug is more than 10 years old and luckily it still works. I love it for the size alone. I hope you like your new tool.

Your card is lovely - love the bright colors - it's nice to see some color during this time!

PS- Glad you like the card and i am surprised how fast it goes.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Witchcrafted Life said...

Huge congratulations on your new die cutting machine. Surely that must be the paper crafter's version of a "new car" day. 😃 Stellar choice! I adore my Big Shot, but when it gives up the ghost (or perhaps sooner, if feasible) I'll really be considering an electronic machine and have long eyed the Vagabond as a serious contender, too.

May you and your new machine enjoy many awesome years of happy crafting together.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this bright & happy rainbow hug! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>