Happy Birthday to Roo

Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Brenda is hosting our newest Little Red Wagon and she's singing, "You say it's your birthday". As you have likely guessed, birthday projects are the theme of the week! Given that everybody has a birthday at least once a year (I say that as we celebrate half birthdays at our house - any excuse for another ice cream cake!), we hope to see lots of you joining in the fun!


My sister celebrates her special day next month. We have a private joke between us that we always end our correspondence with words beginning with the letter "R". For example, instead of "See you soon!", we would write, "Ree rou roon!". "Love you" becomes "Rove rou!". Anyway, when I saw the MFT Aussie Animals sentiment "Happy birthday to roo", it was too good to pass up!

Please visit Little Red Wagon to check out the birthday projects created by the Girlfriends - and then make and link up your own birthday creation!

6 comments

Brenda said...

Kate, this is an adorable card. I love the story behind it. 1/2 birthday sounds like a fun idea, they I would have 2 chances to get the card in the mail on time=)

Doni High said...

Absolutely the perfect birthday card for your sister!
Love it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Perfect, I will have to remember this when I send a card to my Nephew in Oz. Love the Kangaroo and the card and the story of you and your sister.
Faith x

Scrapper69 said...

That is such a sweet card, Kate! Your sister will love it of course! I also love that you guys end your conversations with the letter R.. So cute! :)

Theresa

JanR said...

Aw, so sweet - both the card and the story behind it! Delightful card, Kate!

Imke said...

This is super sweet, Kate and i like the soft colors !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>