I began by masking off my watercolour paper and then using Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade and Worn Lipstick to ink the bottom portion. Next, I used a retired "Happy" die from My Craft Spot. Initially, I used the original cut with watercolouring but then held up a plain white "Happy" and preferred the look so went with that. I added a few layers of "Happy" for some dimension. I then stamped "Easter" using a portion of a retired My Craft Spot stamp. Finally, I added a sweet bunny from Reverse Confetti's Hippity Hoppity set and used the same distress inks that I'd used for my card base to colour her in. I double-cut the frame using Simon Say's Stamp's stitched rectangle dies. When I assembled my card, I popped the inner mat.
After I made the first card, I created an assembly line of sorts to create all the others. It went quite quickly!
I'm going to enter this card in Muse's current challenge (#156). I based my idea on that of Michele Ferguson's card - masking the card and inking just the bottom with a word popped out.
I'm also going to enter this at Can You Case It for Challenge #111. This week, we're challenged to use just three colours (plus neutrals) on our creations.