Easel Birthday Cards

Monday, May 24, 2010
This weekend, I learned to make an easel card.  They're so much fun to make, and not the least bit difficult.  It's a great way to add a bit of variety to the usual.  Knowing a few children with birthdays coming up, I decided to make cards to tuck aside for them.
This first card was made using George and Basic Shapes for the stars.  I cut both the star and a shadow, and embossed the star-printed paper with my stars folder from Cuttlebug.  I also cut a slightly smaller silhouette of a star, and embossed it with Swiss Dots and popped it with little PopDots.  The number 8 and shadows (there are two) were cut with Alphalicious, and these were popped with larger PopDots.  I also used a border folder for the inside of the card and stamped a sentiment.  I am entering this card in the Cuttlebug Challenge.  This week at Cuttlebug Challenge, we were encouraged to create something for a child.
My second card was cut entirely with Alphalcious.  I had never noticed this frame/crest before.  It's perfect for a little girl!  The paper used for the crest actually has a fair bit of shine to it, but it's difficult to tell that in the photo.   Again, I used a border punch and sentiment for the inside of the card.

3 comments

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love these! I have never done an easel card before, but now I think I might! I love, love the girlie one it is so pretty!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow, these are beautiful Kate! LOVE the colors and easels are the best! Fab stuff here. I'm now a follower. xxD

Susan Payton said...

I love your cards, for such a busy lady, you sure find time to show your talent. Thank you for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>