Just Married - Cash Gift Idea

Wednesday, September 16, 2026
I'm so pleased to be hosting at Little Red Wagon again this week. I'm continuing to use Billy Joel as inspiration this year and, this week, I'm using the song "For the Longest Time". I'm asking crafters to create something nostalgic or representing memories, etc.


I had a couple of weddings to attend this summer where the bride and groom requested cash for their honeymoon fund. Instead of just adding some bills to an envelope, a friend gave me this wonderful idea for presenting the money a bit more creatively. I purchased a little VW Beetle and attached the cash and some flowers. Our multi-coloured Canadian bills make for a fabulous look!

And a little aside here... I was delighted when a student booked to meet with me on Monday and showed up in a Billy Joel t-shirt. I shared a bit about my challenge inspiration this year and they let me know that they LOVE Billy Joel, with a variety of t-shirts, posters, etc. That made me smile. 

Please head over to Little Red Wagon to see what the rest of the Girlfriends have created. And then crank up For the Longest Time and see what you're inspired to make! 

NOTE: Although this is an actual photo of the car I put together, I did ask AI to create a better background. I took the original photo on the table and the lighting didn't look the greatest. Anyway, the project looks the same but the background does not! 

1 comment

Brenda said...

Kate, this is sooooo cute! What a great idea!

Former Design Team Member at My Craft Spot (2011-2015)
My Craft Spot


Powered by Blogger.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

>